The role and responsibilities of the Newstead Arts Hub Committee of Management are to:
- Establish & embed good governance in accordance with state & federal laws.
- Negotiate with MAS over matters concerning the conditions of the sublease.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the facility, including ensuring it is maintained in a safe and proper condition.
- Establishing principles for the use of the facility that meet the intent and spirit of the nomination to VicTrack Community Vacant Use Program.
- Work with the wider community of Newstead to develop a vision for the facility.
- Operate the facility in a financially, environmentally and socially sustainable way.
The committee comprises people with a diversity of skills and capabilities, covering areas including the arts, business and community development, financial management, marketing and promotion, and sustainability. Importantly, it involves local folks with the passion and drive to contribute to the success of this exciting local arts and community project.
Current CoM membership
- Andrew Skeoch (Chair) 0419 091 979
- Julie Patey (secretary/programing subcommittee 0408 528 536)
- Saide Gray (volunteers co-ordinator: 0419 543 667)
- Phillip McDonald
- Gordon Dowell
- Prue McAdam 0428 391 707
- Horse (programing subcommittee 0431 329 543)
- Sarah Koschak (programing subcommittee 0419 322 681)
- Geoff Park 0418 138 632
The 2017 NAH committee of management is now formed, and we anticipate that the next opportunity to become a committee member is March 2018.
However anyone is welcome to our committee meetings to offer constructive suggestions, raise concerns, or simply listen in on proceedings. Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month, at the Arts Hub beginning at 7.30pm.
Nomination forms for committee membership are here: Nomination Form – Newstead Arts Hub CoMApril2015