A new Committee of Management will be established in March 2018. Nomination forms for committee membership (including further information) may be downloaded here:
2018 Nomination Form, Newstead Arts Hub
The role and responsibilities of the Newstead Arts Hub Committee of Management are to:
- Provide good governance in accordance with state & federal laws.
- Implement and review the Strategic Plan – click here to download
- Work with the community of Newstead and surrounds to encourage participation in the life of the Arts Hub
- Negotiate with MAS over matters concerning the conditions of the sublease.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the facility, including ensuring it is maintained in a safe and proper condition.
- Operate the facility in a financially, environmentally and socially sustainable way.
The committee comprises people with a diversity of skills and capabilities, covering areas including the arts, business and community development, financial management, marketing and promotion, and sustainability. Importantly, it involves local individuals with the passion and drive to contribute to the success of this exciting local arts and community project.
The current Terms of Reference can be downloaded here.
A Working Together protocol was developed in 2017 which resolved that the NRAH Committee will – in working together as a Committee and in our relationships with the wider community:
- endeavour to treat each person with respect, listen with care, and be open to different ideas
- work with honesty and integrity towards our common goals
- value diversity
- seek to be inclusive and collaborative in our decision-making
- communicate with care, try to avoid being defensive, and seek out mutually beneficial outcomes, especially when tensions and conflicts arise, as they inevitably will
- help and support each other so that we can each contribute fully to the work of the Committee and the Arts Hub.
Current CoM membership
- Andrew Skeoch (Chair) 0419 091 979
- Julie Patey (secretary/programing subcommittee 0408 528 536)
- Saide Gray (volunteers co-ordinator: 0419 543 667)
- Phillip McDonald
- Gordon Dowell
- Prue McAdam 0428 391 707
- Horse (programing subcommittee 0431 329 543)
- Sarah Koschak (programing subcommittee 0419 322 681)
- Geoff Park 0418 138 632
Anyone is welcome to our committee meetings to offer constructive suggestions, raise concerns, or simply listen in on proceedings. Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month, at the Arts Hub beginning at 7.30pm.